View Single Post

Old 09-07-2013, 02:38 PM

Liked 55 Times in 28 Posts

I'd like to add my pre-Victories and one Victory to data base:

687046 4 inch bbl, polished, commercial blue finish. All serial nos. match including grips. Grips are checkered walnut with silver medallion. 38 S&W ctg. NOT marked South Africa. Usual Brit export marks.

707885 6 inch bbl, finish is, I think, brushed blue. At least 85% plus finish remains and it is not as high a luster as , for instance, the 4” blued revolver above. Non-matching grips. P marked on butt and four small dots forming a square or parallelogram. Usual Brit. Export marks. No US property mark.

938830 5 inch , 38 S&W ctg. Suncorite finish. Gun is loaded with markings. Butt is marked with Canadian C with Broad Arrow, flaming bomb, and P.. Near grip hump on right is FTR, not dated. Curious mark shown in my photo above trigger guard on right that is somewhat similar to the Suncorite finished gun on page 110 of Charles Pate's book. This mark possibly was added after the Suncorite finish as the paint looks chipped by the marking. All serial nos. match including the smooth walnut grips. I thought this surprising on an FTR gun! No US property mark.

986995 4 inch, 38 Special ctg. Sandblast Black finish . No property marks. No proof marks outside.

V1372 4 inch, 38 Special ctg., came to me with an awful, worn, ill-polished blue finish that I assume was applied by surplus arms dealer. Non-original grips. Gun now has sand blast blue finish. No flaming bomb. No property marks. All serial nos. except grips match.

Pics of the Suncorite finished gun:

Pre-Victory, 38 Spec.(above) , and V1372 (below)

another shot of V1372, right side.

The Following User Likes This Post: