View Single Post

Old 09-10-2013, 12:19 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 6,743 Times in 2,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
. I have a remington pump 30-06 760 that was my dads. I had it in the back of the safe for 10 years after he died. I got around to finaly checking it out at the range last year and was highly impressed! They are faster than either a bolt or lever and just as accurate. I have a peep on mine and its amazing!
Great minds think alike. When I came down on orders for Alaska, about 1965, I bought a Remington 760 carbine (18 inch barrel) in 30-06. Best deal I ever made. it's quite accurate, very powerful, and good for almost anything. It wears an old Weaver K 2.5, plenty of scope for a timber rifle. The reticle originally was a post and crosshair. I didn't like it. I loaned it to a friend; he fell off a mountain with it, busted up the scope and broke his leg. He wanted to pay for the scope but I told him we'd go halves on it as I wanted a new reticle. Sent it to Weaver and they replaced it with a crosshair. I was happy. I haven't hunted much since I got back to the Lower 48, but that thing's got a moose and 4 caribou to its credit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1010523.jpg (33.3 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by Cyrano; 09-10-2013 at 12:24 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: