View Single Post

Old 09-16-2013, 03:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfredere View Post
My club has had two neglect discharges, one with injuries, when the shooter drew the pistol from the Serpa holster. One pistol was a glock, the other an xdm. Both were experienced shooters. The common factor was the Serpa, so we don't allow them to be used on the range. I have Serpa's and have drawn from them hundreds of times without issue. The second ND scared me and I don't use them in competion only for CC
You will find that a number of shooting schools and ranges do not permit the use of the Blackhawk Serpa holsters. I have witnessed an ND with this holster. It is, in combination with certain thumb safety guns such as the 1911, a really dangerous holster. There is no substitute to the various Safariland holsters IMHO, as the index finger should be used for nothing but pulling the trigger and the level 1, 2 and 3 holsters guarantee just that. I am sure there are other companies that provide similar performance holsters (5.11 thumb drive comes to mind). It would appear that Safariland have now developed a holster for the M&P PRO series, though it is not clear if it is sight compatible: Home Page

Any feedback welcome.

Last edited by viceroy; 09-16-2013 at 05:05 AM.