View Single Post

Old 09-19-2013, 12:36 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Additional Update:

Been running the following modifications for almost 2 months now, put about another 400 rounds through my BG 380, with XS Big Dot front sight and the MagGuts one additional round kit to the stock magazine frames. Not a single FTF, FTE, or any issues or function failures. I did polish the barrel feed ramp, the hammer and contact surfaces just a matter of choice as well. Also using Adams short grip extension's on the bottom of my magazines as well. Again using various ammo types and grains. Recently I upgraded to the short stroke trigger bar and RTK Edge aluminum trigger, and have since put another 100 rounds through the gun, Again, no issues or failures. The RTK short stroke trigger is adjustable for reset and over-travel. Makes for a very tight and crisp set up. To me it seems it has removed over half of the play from stock polymer trigger, resets every time, and is much smoother than the original parts set-up. This trigger does not decrease the pounds of pull, just makes it a much shorter distance to activate the trigger bar and fire. Now close to over a 1000 rounds with no issues. I believe I have a keeper............................ Still waiting on the steel heat treated and hardened firing pin just as a matter of choice, but so far I have had no issues with my stock part. I also switched out the barrel from a MIM one to a cast unit just for piece of mind prior to the last 500 rounds. I have no problems trusting this gun to operate when expected.