View Single Post

Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM
US Veteran

Liked 741 Times in 668 Posts

I have an M&P 40 full size that saw police service & is about 3 - 4 years old with a well worn trigger & no modifications. I find it totally adequate. Now I also have an M&P 40 C manufactured in July of this year. That trigger out of the box is as good or better as the FS & improving with every shot. Smith & Wesson must have listened to their customers' complaints about the original trigger starting with the Shield & then going on to the FS & compacts. .

A word of warning if you get an Apex kit or any aftermarket trigger improvement. Learn to install & uninstall it yourself. Some people who have sent their M&P in for warranty repair found that S&W removed the Apex & replaced it with a factory trigger assembly & charged them for parts & labor & not returning the Apex parts. Always get the gun into factory original condition before shipping it. There some YouTube videos on removing the factory trigger group & polishing certain components that make quite an improvement. I watched a few of them & the chore seems simple & straightforward. My guns are good enough that I don't feel the need to do that. I think S&W will do that for you at your cost in their Performance Center. It's not considered a warranty repair.