Thread: mod 53
View Single Post

Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,176 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McLellan View Post
I'd love to have a Model 53. They're cool, they create extraordinay fireballs & sound effects, and they're K-frames, which I'm dog nuts crazy about. The trouble is the ammo. Where I live, I could NEVER get any. Add to that, the problems with charge-hole hygiene, and the fun factor slides way down. As much as I'd like one, I'd have to pass, unless it was a steal. $2,000.00 seems a long way from being a steal.
The ammo problem is mute......
Remington has sporatic bursts of manufacture for Jet brass, but they do still make it. I have thousands, so getting some is easy. Very easy round to reload. The powder of choice is H110 (about 14gr...my data is at home and I am at work) and Small Pistol Magnum primers. My loads are accurate, and leave a great impression at the range.....LOUD (like 44 mag +++), no recoil, and spectacular FIRE. I have all three barrel lengths, but a NIB 6" with tags, unfired and for sale @ $1500 (no extra cylinder....which is a waste of time... I have them on the other guns and never use them....if you want to shoot a .22....shoot a K-22 or other).

This is an 8.375" barrel gun....honest!

FOR SALE