View Single Post

Old 09-21-2013, 03:16 AM

Liked 1,095 Times in 266 Posts
Default Ruger Blackhawk convertible

I'm tinkering with the idea of purchasing a Ruger Blackhawk convertible in 45 LC/45acp with the 4.5" barrel. I am planning on purchasing it new to use strictly as a shooter, 200-500 rounds a month.

I previously owned a Ruger Blackhawk in 357/9mm years ago. It was a good shooting pistol but at the time I was not reloading so I did not put very many rounds through it before I got rid of it. Not because it wasn't accurate but mainly because I lost interest in it.

I know the Blackhawks are pretty much bullet proof but I plan on putting several thousand round through one and want to know if it would be the best choice. I have loaded some 45 LC that I think compare or excel the 44 mag cartridge. I have been shooting these loads in a older Win 94 and want to try some in a revolver. I think the Ruger is fit for the hotter 45LC as well as the mild 45 acp plinking rounds.

Looking for any members that own a Ruger convertible in the 45LC/45acp any pros or cons? Any other convertible style revolver I should be looking at? Anyone that has put a few thousand rounds though the 45LC/45ACP Blackhawk?

Thanks for any information.