View Single Post

Old 09-30-2013, 02:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayoc01 View Post
Had some friends with the 20TH GROUP(SF) laughing when I was talking Randalls!They had a jump at Avon Park......afterwards you saw a lot of troop walking & searching the drop zone!One guy had a Randall that he jumped with......he lost it while jumping......never found it! (Sniff....I told you it was sad)!My bud said......NOBODY ever jumped with a RANDALL again!
Jim
I carried my Randell #2 & #14 in the field, and also had several near-loses. The leather sheath is pretty, but the strap is not really secure. Kydex is much more practical and when heated it will form a real good seal on the hilt.

Along the same lines. Randell's are great knives, I've had 4,, but I also have others. Chris Reeves & Bill Harsey use CPM S-30V for both the Special Forces Yarborough knife, and several others. It's probably the best steel for hard use on the market. The sheath is also much more secure.

My next purchase will be a Yarborough. I don't need one, but us Regimental FOG's are jealous that the kids get one for graduation these days. The FOG version has a different serial sequence, but is exactly the same as the issues ones..

Choices, Choices, Choices.. Buy one of each??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yarborough_Knife.jpg (66.3 KB, 141 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: