View Single Post

Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardDBeck View Post
I had the same exact problem. There are a lot of reasons the trigger is that heavy. Non of them are because of springs in the gun. All the problems are due to ****** parts inside the gun. They need to be smoothed out by hand. If you smooth out all the parts you can get your trigger pull down to just under 4 pounds.

I did a trigger job to my shield and got it down to 3.5 pounds. I'm working on a video to show how it's done. I just haven't finished it up.
Hi I'm the new kid on the block and just picked up my Shield 9 mm got it for 385.00 plus tax, I LOVE THIS GUN but just wish the trigger was a little lighter I previously had a Keltec PF9 but as you might know this gun has been plagued with problems and I guess I just don't have the trust in it any more. I still plan on keeping it but have to send it back because the magazine falls out now after firing the gun. I'm concerned about the trigger pull on my Shield I read about the Apex parts but they run almost 80 bucks on Cheaper Then Dirt so if I could do something less expensive without changing the parts I reather do that. Mine out the box is at 6.3 oz not bad but 4 would be GREAT could you please just give me an idea what you did to reduce the weight that much. Thanks this is my new CCW piece by the way. Thanks guys!!!

Tom j.