View Single Post

Old 10-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMAssociates View Post
Tom j.:

I'd grab the sear, sear spring, and the drop safety (can't recall what Apex calls it). The latter won't do much for the trigger "force", but may smooth things out a bit - IMHO, worth it.

(Actually, the kit is pretty much all of that plus a couple of springs ....)

Shouldn't be a warranty issue at all - just swap back in the S&W parts if it needs a trip back. (IMHO, other than a chance that the upgraded parts might end up on the bench back at S&W, I don't think a lot of techs would even notice.)

DO presume to remove the sear while the whole thing is in a plastic bag. Those springs go flying, along with a little bitty plunger. I managed to lose both of them back when S&W was using a micro-sized spring & plunger - Randy put in new ones when I sent the gun to Apex. I just found them the other night - after maybe three or four years ....

(I have an RIA 1911 that uses a full length guide rod and what feels like a 30# spring! It's supposed to be something like 18#. I managed to lose the plug that holds the spring into the slide. After trying to order one, I ended up making one by cutting a BIG hole in the front of a spare. Didn't work.... But then I found the original plug hiding in a toolbox drawer nowhere near where it should have landed....)

Regards,
Hay thanks again I'll defintly check that out any idea how much this might cost?

Tom