View Single Post

Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,730 Times in 475 Posts
Default CCW an "L" frame? Step inside....

Hey All,
I bought a 686 snub recently, with the intention of part time carry (my Glock 26 getting the nod when I plan on family & friends hugs and too much touching...)

Many gun guys discount the idea of an L frame for a concealed carry gun, so I wanted to report on my new holster, which makes carrying this beast a breeze!

Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB: The holster is lined with smooth leather, which is bonded to a kydex outer shell.

This makes for a silent draw (silent is not a priority, but it can't hurt) while still being molded for good retention.

The cant angle is adjustable, and the ride height puts the cylinder around the belt line (perfect height, in my opinion)

I wear this rig just behind the point of my hip, and it tucks the weapon tight into my body. This also places the weapon where the grip is out of the way, and even while driving....this rig is comfortable.

I did put some moleskin on the side that contacts my body, but haven't worn it since the moleskin was installed. Moleskin was not necessary, but is bound to help over the long haul.

So, lightweight, good retention, good ride height, tough, and comfortable with a heavy weapon.
Shipping times are less than a week! (listed as much longer on their website....but I've ordered two recently, and both shipped in less than a week.

They also have other styles available....