View Single Post

Old 10-14-2013, 05:34 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
I own both, but have only had the SR9c for about a month. Both are great pistols, and both have a great trigger. The Shield is definately more concealable, as it is about 3/4 of an inch shorter in barrel length, and quite a bit thinner than the Ruger. I am using the Ruger as my carry gun during the colder months, and will go back to the Shield for shorts and T-shirt weather. The nice thing about the Ruger is that it is not too bad to conceal with the 10rd magazine, and you can convert to a handful of fire power with the 17rd magazine. In this sense it is a dual purpose gun sort of. The Shield has concealability on its side, and is a few ounces lighter. You cant go wrong with either one, it just depends on what attributes you are looking for. Both have decent sights, and similar recoil and accuracy
I also own both. I usually carry the Shield, especially around town. But when I'm out in the woods hiking, I carry the SR9c. I slightly prefer the Ruger's trigger, I slightly prefer the Shield's sights (larger dots). I am a little more accurate with the SR9c, but I have confidence that I will hit what I am aiming at either of them. Both are great pistols and I would not part with either of them. My Shield did replace my Ruger LC9, which I just could not shoot with accuracy.