View Single Post

Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Ford View Post
I want to thank everyone again for thier input. I'm sure some are laughing thinking that guy { 26 -me }, don't think that a 44 Mag is enough. I think how many threads are started questioning carrying the 500 Smith for personal protection, and I dont feel so ignorant. Sounds like I should count on my proficiency with my 44 Magnum, and some Buffalo Bore rounds just for the hiking trips to protect myself, family, and dogs. Poor dogs attract aligators like crazy here on the Florida coast, I couldn't imagine a starving grizzly. Thank you all who gave thier input and time. 26
I think you answered your owned requirements, since you don't shoot a rifle and this is for home defense and not "jogged hardware" ... your 50AE or 500S&W is the best caliber in handgun configuration to have available upon and when vital need occurs. I'd have it safely stored but accessible near the rear door of the house, since that's most likely were your garbage can are located ... get my drift?

I have both a Hunter Classic N-frame 44mag by S&W and also a monster DE .50AE. If you have both, put the 44 in the front and the 50 in the back.