View Single Post

Old 10-19-2013, 02:50 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,646 Times in 1,800 Posts
Smile The Ultimate Sanderson Stock Appreciation Thread (Post Your Stocks!!!!)

A few months ago I started focusing on custom stocks; primarily Roper and Sanderson, this thread has to do with the later of the two which I have found (6) nice examples.

I found my first set of Sanderson stocks in a classified ad right here on the forum; they are thumbrest target panels for a 1911. They have the number 17 stamped into the back of each panel;

The second set of Sandersons (K frame, Square Butt) again came from right here on the forum, a great result from placing an ad in the WTB Section. They have the number 63 stamped into the back of each panel;

My third set, for a Colt Officers Model, were a gracious gift from a forum member . They have the number 1 penciled into the back of each panel.

The fourth set was recently found on Ebay in a "lot" with some junk grips. They fit the J frame Round Butt and have the number 1 stamped in the back side of each panel;

The 5th and 6th sets of Sandersons just arrived in my mailbox today; the result of a successful trade with another great forum member! They are both for the K Frame, Square Butt. One is a gorgeous pair of standard thumbrest targets with the number 81 stamped inside each panel and the other is a set of wrap around thumbrest targets with a right hand palm swell and no numbers stamped inside; this is a large set of grips with extra wood extending below the grip frame.

1st Set

2nd Set

That's all I have for now but hopefully there are more to come! PLEASE SHOW OFF YOUR SANDERSON STOCKS!!!

Last edited by 410bore; 10-21-2013 at 08:42 AM.
The Following 24 Users Like Post: