View Single Post

Old 10-19-2013, 09:45 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default TFO Sight Model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
Decided to throw on a set of yellow/green TFO's that I had originally purchased for an M&P. The old sights came out easily with a brass hammer and punch. The front sight went into the parts bin, the rear sight went into the trash can (on a side note, don't use a brass punch of you want to keep your plastic rear sight). I used an MGW M&P Sight Tool to install the rear TFO just to see if it would work. I was surprised at how well it fit the SD9 and the rear sight went on with almost no effort. The MGW tool does not appear to work with the front sight, so 5-6 taps with a plastic hammer and punch and the the sight was in. About as easy of sight installation as I have ever done (and I have a lot). The TFO's are visible at night but shine brightly in the sunlight. The sight picture is clean and they are fast on target. I normally go for a plain black rear and tritium dot front, but since I had these already I am going to stick with them.

What was the TFO model #'s
that you used? I have NEW, 40VE that I am converting to the similar specs that you used for your 9VE. Yes the stock sights are plastic junk. Have added a Arma Laser to date, it's very small and fits close to the rails, VERY..VERY bright.
The Following User Likes This Post: