View Single Post

Old 10-21-2013, 03:20 PM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinney47 View Post
Sounds like a great idea. But to play devil's advocate... the paracord bracelets, and I'm assuming the sling to be no different, is to give you usable "rope" in an emergency. If you did find yourself in a SHTF situation and needed some rope in a pinch, you'd have plenty of it in a sling, but now no rifle sling - something you are going to miss greatly if on the move. And if you don't ever need it, paracord doesn't make for a comfy sling.

I'd find a different way to have a paracord supply handy. My .02
Good info, thank you for chiming in.

I was doing some reading on these and it looks like you get 50 - 70' of paracord in a rifle sling!! If the SHTF and I needed to use it, I'd use what I needed and then simply create a makeshift sling with the remaining rope. It won't be ideal, but realistically if it holds the rifle securely, that's all I need.

For the same utility (sling + emergency rope) from another device, I'd essentially have to keep loose paracord/rope with me and honestly, I'll probably never do that.

I do value your opinion Vinney, just providing my thoughts

Also, with how light these rifles are and after speaking with a few guys today, I think the parcord sling will provide a level of comfort/utility I'm comfortable with.

I think I may pull the trigger and order two of them. I was looking around at comparable US made paracord slings and they cost a bit more...and even if they were more expensive, I'd do just about anything to support a wounded vets small business.
The Following User Likes This Post: