View Single Post

Old 10-30-2013, 11:37 AM

Liked 190 Times in 83 Posts

"but we were cruising the local gun seller and came across a couple of .22 revolvers and he said one of those would be a great Christmas gift... "---lostlake
What were you looking at? Cowboy guns, short barrels....long? Did one of them catch his eye for a reason ? Or was it just because it was a .22lr revolver ? Unless it was something in particular that he liked.....I would think a 4" barrel or less would be more comfortable and better balanced at his age. Even if it was a cowboy gun.....Heritage makes a 3.75" barrel and you can also get it in a Birds-head grip. If it was 'any' .22lr revolver that he wants, there are so many good choices, but I would not get him a lightweight gun like a 317 kit gun....I don't think they are made for heavy shooting use....get a steel frame [except a Heritage, it has a steel cylinder]. If barrel length is not a problem for him to hold up for long periods, your options just increased a bunch. Also, how big are his hands ? Does he prefer large, medium, small grips ?
The Following User Likes This Post: