View Single Post

Old 11-04-2013, 12:42 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
I just bought the complete series collection off Amazon.com for $136.36 including shipping. I've been watching the show on ME TV and it really brings back memories. I am 1/2 Italian and I remember when "the outfit" complained about the show type-casting Italians as bad guys. That, plus the "excessive violence" torpedoed the show. Whata shame. It was one of the best shows on TV.
I also just bought a Colt Official Police and a S&W pre-war model 10. I took delivery of the Model 10 today. Geez what an awesome, high-quality gun.
I can picture it in the hands of bad guys (or good guys) very easily.
Left gun is the Colt Official Police and right gun is the pre-war Model 10.
And believe it or not, they are STILL making the shoulder holster that Eliot Ness and other lawmen used in the TV show. See it here:
A. E. Nelson Leather Co.

I plan on ordering a version for each gun. Since we have open carry in NM, I can carry it right out in the open.
Not totally sure about the OP, but your S&W is a postwar item. The curved hanmer should have told you that immediately! This gun was certainly not made before 1948 and may well date from the 1950's. It has the postwar shorter action. The blue finish is also usually a lot duller than the brighter blue on prewar guns, and the stocks differ.

For $10, you could order most postwar guns with a better polished blue finish, and a special Bright Blue was routine on the .357 Magnum (Model 27 after 1957) and the Combat Magnum/M-19. After about 1955-57, they began using a better finish again on service guns, excepting the Highway Patrolman/M-28.