View Single Post

Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 105 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Massachusetts law applies to manufacturers and FFL's. A legally licensed gun owner can make any modification they want.
No matter what, if you use your firearm and cause harm, even if justified, you're going to be sued whether your gun is stock or your ammunition is white box.
Except fortunately for places like Florida... If the shooting was justified under stand your ground your immune to civil suits. Ask Treyvon's folks who won't be getting a dime from Georgie. Granted he used a stock gun and factory SD ammo but even things like wrongful death are out the window. I believe it was threatened but Z's lawyer nipped it in the bud by formally getting the immunity after his acquittal. That gun was examined/tested by FDLE and had it been modified or had he been shooting "taxi driver" specials it would have at least been thrown in his and the juries face by the prosecutors.

Even though OJ was found innocent of murder he was sued into ruin in civil court. Even though I think OJ was guilty as sin that concept has always been wrong to me especially since civil court has much lower standards. If you can't win in criminal take it to civil. IMO it amounts to double jeopardy and is just wrong...

I think that's why so many want to really overturn laws related to castle doctrine and stand your ground. So even if your innocent and justified in your actions they can ruin you for life financially. Criminals don't like laws that protect victims.