View Single Post

Old 11-15-2013, 05:44 PM

Liked 3,024 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens View Post
When I read this stuff I wonder how many times I have crimped lead split shots in my teeth, or bit on a lead cast net sinker to hold it while casting the net out? melted lead for toy soldiers or sinkers and jig heads or as a kid played with broken thermometer mercury rubbing it on pennies in my bare hands to make the pennies shine like dimes. I have never had any symptoms of problems from either of these metals after 65 yrs. How many thousands of people have I met here in the US or around the world on business yet never met one who had lead or mercury poisoning.
Steve W. Please excuse the "rant"
Your are correct sir!

The problem is that the statists that run things have no reason or moderation. Its always an all or nothing approach. Oh extended exposure to lead is bad lets ban every molecule of it...

I still laugh at the ban lead solder from copper pipes, you have to really wonder just how much lead will actually leach into the water. Never mind all the houses that had lead pipes coming from the water mains...

Just like when children eat old paint chips, its the paints fault. Not the parents that allow paint to chip or peel off the wall, never mind allow children to eat it.

Yet they wonder why so many people are fed up with it all...