View Single Post

Old 11-17-2013, 10:42 AM

Liked 34,018 Times in 3,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm53 View Post
In Arkansas if you are stopped you are supposed to hand them your CCW along with your DL license, this was not so for at least 10 years and I was stopped and the lady took my DL ancame back to the car and asked to see my CCL and stated that I was supposed to give both licenses I asked when this came into effect and she says about three years ago, their was never anything from the state to the holders of the CCL. The picture on my CCL is the same picture thats on my DL so they are connected in some states. Jeff
In Arkansas when we request a DL check the return information will indicate if the subject in question has a CCL.

As far as providing your CCL to an officer during a traffic stop in Arkansas, here is what the law actually says:

5-73-315. Possession of license -- Identification of licensee.

(a) Any licensee possessing a valid license issued pursuant to this subchapter may carry a concealed handgun.

(b) The licensee shall:

(1) Carry the license, together with valid identification, at any time when the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun; and

(2) Display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer.

HISTORY: Acts 1995, No. 411, § 2; 1995, No. 419, § 2; 2007, No. 827, § 102.