View Single Post

Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I took my BG apart again and installed the lighter Galloway firing pin and blocker springs. I used a small sledge hammer and a piece of 1/4" alum bar stock with slide mounted gently in a vice (wrapped in leather) to remove the rear sight. I was able to push the sight off easily without marring the surface since the alum is so much softer. While the pin was out of slide I polished it except for tip so it would glide smoothly in the slide. I also polished the end of pin so hammer would glide smoothly over it. And I polished the tip of trigger blocker mechanism that you can see protruding through inside of slide.

I think the trigger reset problems I had a couple of days ago may have been caused by the thick Slip 2000 oil that I was using on the trigger bar. I clean off this heavier oil that is intended for use on ARs, and used some thin CLP instead. Gun worked very well today. I did not have any issues with the trigger resetting. I think the thick oil I was using was causing the bar to stick slightly which caused the trigger not to reset occasionally.

While I had the gun apart I polished the hammer components, barrel ramp, and the housing where the trigger bar rides. I noticed a square patch on the housing that is under the trigger bar. Not sure if mfr stamped this raised patch or if its cast on the part, but it seems to increase the drag on the bar. I am not sure why that raised patch is on the housing, but i polished it off. Now the trigger is very smooth and lighter from the work that has been completed. I dont have a trigger gauge but it feels like its around 6-8 lbs with a much better transition and much less travel. There was a shooter at the range today with a brand new BG so I let him fire mine and he was impressed with the improved trigger.

I ran about 100 rds thru the gun today and the only problems I had were two stovepipes where round failed to chamber and got caught in the slide. I am not sure why this occurred but I changed magazines and didnt have another FTF.

Last edited by JDP530; 11-20-2013 at 12:59 AM.