View Single Post

Old 11-21-2013, 11:34 AM

Liked 1,170 Times in 549 Posts
Default It doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected One View Post
I'm glad that there is a product available for those who want it, but what I don't understand is the desire to "mess with" a carry gun that works fine...out of the box. Yes, the trigger pull is long, and yes, it's an 8# pull - to me that's just additional safety.
What if it doesn't work fine out of the box? or what if it works fine for some shooters depending on the size of their hands and grip etc but not for others?

In my case I often had a hard time firing the gun because the break point of the sear/hammer and the point at which the trigger met the frame was essentially the same. The only way I could reliably fire it was to use my finger tip on the trigger and deliberately pull the trigger all the way back against the frame - this was not only uncomfortable but also greatly reduced accuracy.

I am not trying to reduce the weight of the pull.

With the Galloway transfer bar - I no longer have any issue with the break point and can fire reliably - I only have a slight issue ever so often on the reset - which is not very near the forward most travel of the trigger meaning if I don't get a full forward return it might not reset. I also had a couple failure to fire but I suspect that is due to hard primers on the PPU ammo (which I didn't have prior to installing the bar).

A buddy of mine had a relative with a BG380 and commented about the trigger - I let him try mine and he said it was way better.

So please consider that no matter how "perfect" a device is from the factory - when you are talking about hundreds, thousands, or millions of units there may be some slight variation from unit to unit that affects its performance - and more importantly - when the hundreds or thousands or millions of customers each get ahold of their particular example of a given device they might have a different preference or physical ability than you.

If it is perfect for you out of the box and you are happy with it as is that is great for you and I don't think anyone is suggesting that you need to change yours.

For all of us when we get a new device be it a firearm or a car or a computer - if it suits you fine as is that's great - if not then the first action item is to find out if it is working as designed - if not get it repaired or replaced - if it is working as designed and there is no way to modify it or you just don't want to then trade it or sell it or return it - if there is a way to modify it that fits your needs and budget then modify it.