View Single Post

Old 11-22-2013, 10:48 PM

Liked 575 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithscott View Post
A couple of comments:

1) This pistol was very reasonably priced as I bought it finished, as opposed to paying Novak for the work. This was not even my most expensive 3rd Generation pistol, with the 945 and 952 both being more. This gun cost me right about $900 as seen.

2) Talking with Bar-Sto, they do not have any stock of S&W barrels and there are no future plans to make them. I wish I had the original barrel that shipped with the gun as I have never seen another S&W Bar-Sto barrel.

3) I am not sure about the origin of the rub mark on the slide dust cover area. I will apply some RIG grease to see if the rub area stops increasing in size.
at 900 dollars, I think you more or less stole it. The last Novak custom gun I sold was in the 1500 ish range. I still have one of the 2 or 3 of the custom pieces they worked on for me and do not plan to get rid of. From the looks of that piece it had a lot of custom work done to it, I would say 2-3 grand is what is in it. The Bar Sto barrel is very desirable, heck you could get half or more of what you paid for the gun just off the barrel alone. One of the reasons I still look at Devel pieces but with so many counterfeits out there it is easy to get burned.
The Following User Likes This Post: