View Single Post

Old 11-26-2013, 06:09 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default This is a fun, fun rifle to shoot!!

So, I haven't touched a firearm since I was about 9 yrs old. My dad used to take us out to the old train trestles for target practice on soda cans. Now I'm 40 yrs old, and dad is 73. Dad has a heart condition and he was in hospital last week. Whole time in there, he told of how he wanted to try out his new 308 rifle. So, I promised we'd go to the range to try it out, and he suggested we start with the .22 rifle. I said, 'that sounds like a good idea' ... Dad's .22 is an old 341-p in perfect condition blue as it is true and not a scratch on the stock. The peep sight is just about as cool as it gets!! So much fun! The bolt action as smooth as a summer breeze. We had more fun with that old .22 than we could stand. I didn't get any tight clusters, but I turned that target into swiss cheese at 100 yards. If you want some leisurely, good old country style target shooting this little rifle can't be beat, update --- as I was typing this, without me knowing, my dad went down to the local pawn shop to buy me a .22 ... he ended up getting a 500 series remington. He called me over to his house and gave me the 341-p just now .. I was speechless, and he wouldn't take no for an answer --best day ever .. so cool!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: