View Single Post

Old 12-09-2013, 05:38 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,495 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmick View Post
The story behind it,,,
I woke up early Thursday (4AM) with a stuffed up head, the dog wanted out, the cat was hungry and my wife had been up, had the coffee going and was back in bed. Not sure why the animals didn't bother her (smart animals I guess) but after them, I sat down with coffee and read the news and such on the computer. After that I looked through the gun sales/auction sites and there it was, a left side and a right side picture and listed as a Model 28. Not having a 6" 28, seeing the target stocks and being able to tell it was a 4 screw frame, I hit the 'buy it now' and sent an e-mail. The gentleman and I exchanged a couple messages and a time was set for Friday after work. We met, exchanged some small talk and I asked him the story with the revolver, he simply said they were moving and could not take it with them (it was obvious to me he didn't care to talk about where or why so I dropped it). In the e-mails, I told him how HPs were my 'thing' and had a few others. That seemed to genuinely please him. I tried to see what the model and serial were then but, my 58 year old eyes and wearing my 7 year old glasses (grabbed the wrong ones), I could not see what it was even with a magnifying glass. We talked some more,, I handed him the amount agreed upon, he wished me a Merry Christmas when he handed it to me (with a big grin on his face, I didn't know what to think of it then). An hour or so later, I was home, hungry and tired. While eating a late supper, I found the magnifying glass and my right glasses and took a look. Got up, walked around the table and looked again. I walked into the living room said "Holy ----" a few times and went back to the revolver to look again. I think I got 2 hours of sleep Friday night. I think the gentleman knew what he gave me, I think his wife knew what he gave me. I was at work at 4:45 AM Saturday walking on cloud 9, I told my boss I would be worthless all day (BTW, it was my last day at that job, start a new one Tuesday). They sent me home early and I took the few pictures you see here. Today was pretty hectic too and I am sorry to say, I didn't have a chance to take more pictures (I do pictures, others here do photographs, much better than my 'pictures').
That is one of those "meant to be" scenario's where all of the planets lined up in your favor, and it was more than just "dumb luck".... you must of did something really solid for someone in the past to be rewarded that way. Congratulations !!
SWCA #1830 SWHF #222
The Following User Likes This Post: