View Single Post

Old 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM

Liked 1,431 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger S&W View Post
Interesting. Good stuff Smitty. I'm a little late to the party on this topic. I'm just surprised the differing size breech face, extractor and ejector never have become an issue. That is, I assume these three things are different with two different calibers.
They are actually all the same parts (per say). Which is why it seems to work so well. This is also true in the compact as well. Which is why the compact .40 can do 9mm and .357 with just a factory drop in barrel. There is a tiny bit of difference between the extractor or the ejectors, i forget which one. But much like the barrels. There isnt much of a difference there to cause a problem on the functioning of the weapon.

This isnt something that is totally new to S&W. It was just a new discovery as far as the Shield was concerned. The compact guys have been converting for much longer than the Shield guys. No problems have arose that any of us know of. So its pretty safe to say the Shield conversion should be as solid as the compact conversion.

If there were issues doing it this way. The compact guys would have found the problems long before the Shield came out.

I personally tested this theory for a few months before even posting this video. I figured if there was a problem somewhere, i was bound to find it. However, i never found any problems besides the .40 mags failed to feed the last 9mm round several times. This is why we've said before the .40 mags will work for 9mm but u will have less worries just using a 9mm mag. Some guys still continue using the .40 mags for the 9mm and dont seem to have any problems. Its just a personal choice from my stand point.

Last edited by Smitty357; 12-11-2013 at 01:00 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: