View Single Post

Old 12-14-2013, 09:53 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default 22A-1 Range report

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrabbit000 View Post
Anyone have a range report or a review on the S&W 22a-1 with a 5.5" barrel? Are these things pretty good for the money?
I purchased the 22A-1 with a 5" barrel on black Friday. The wife was a little surprised since it was a spur of the moment purchase. I had been looking at the Beretta NEOS but settled on the 22A-1. After I got the weapon home, I noticed that the rear sight did not look square to the grip and the slide.

I contacted S&W both by email and by phone. I got promises of getting a FedEx return label to send the gun back but they have not followed through. I am not impressed with their customer service. They are friendly on the phone but if they do not follow through with what they tell you, I don't have much respect for doing business that way.

I did put about 40 rounds through the gun at the range. I must say the gun shoots very nice but I could not adjust the rear sight down enough to get a centered pattern at 50 feet. The only way I was able to get the pattern in was to remove the elevation sight spring, place a small washer between the top of the sight and the screw that secures the sight and crank it down all the way.

I also think that the top and bottom of the spring is not parallel which may be contributing to the sight not looking square. I spoke to customer service again and once again they said I would receive an email from FedEx to return the gun for evaluation but they let me down without following through with an email as promised with a return label.

I decided to purchase a Vector SCRD-24 Tomcat red dot sight for the 22A-1. It just arrived today. I am hoping I do not have to contend with the open sight issue anymore.

I will try to follow up with how the sight works on the 22A-1.

All in all, I really like the gun. It is comfortable in my hand and very sable with regard to recoil. I just hope I can start finding 22LR ammo soon. It is very dry here.
The Following User Likes This Post: