View Single Post

Old 12-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Banned

Liked 22,838 Times in 10,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgin View Post
Victim definitely took a chance. I'm not sure you can count on strangers to help you out which appears to be the case here. Nice outcome though.
Sadly, here in Corpus most likely you will not get any help. Ive seen a few situations where some jerk was punching or threatening to hit the female w/ him. Every time, I would see the lemmings just watching and sating somebody ought to do something. Every one of those times, there were at least 15 others there besides the jerk, the woman and I. Each time, I was the only one doing something about it w/ no offer of help from any of them, or even words.

Case in point. I was at the Staples/Alameda Station==normally called Six Points, and was about 5 days till Christmas 2012. I originally got on bus 29, rode to six points to get 19, to take home. Well, the punk im talking about threatening his wife? cursing her and threatening to hut her even making motions to do so, and not one of about 40 SHEEPLE on that bus--said anything--the driver dropped the ball. I would have called dispatch==had I been the driver-he saw and heard what was going on--did nothing.

I would have called the Police as well as the bus company--but did not have me phone with me. I went up to the driver telling him what ha already saw. All I got from him was a simple: "It will work itself out" or something just as stupid as that.

Anyway, a bunch of us offloaded to get the next 19--or about a 25 minute wait since we just missed the other 19. Well, we were all sitting waiting and the loud mouth started on the lady again. I saw several people looking at the jerk saying==gosh--------why doesnt someone say or do something? I glared at that ""lady"" thinking that why doesnt she--or someone else call the police w/ their phones?

In the meantime, said jerk was pacing around threatening to hit the lady w/ him motioning to do so and also telling everyone how tough he was. I got fed up, stood up as he motioned to punch that lady--w/ a male sitting right there who only turned his radio louder and turned his back on the lady. As I started walking towards where the lady was sitting, the guy started walking away still saying how tough he was.

I purposely stood about 5 feet from the lady--when he walked back up and threatened to hit her-saying he can do what he wishes w/ her. My blood was boiling and when he tried to slap her, I grabbed his arm and bluntly told him that if he threatened her in front of me again-or hit her, that I was going to beat the **** out of him. Suddenly he wasnt as tough as he thought he was.

During all of this, not one of those other lemmings did anything but stare and listen. We still had a few minutes before 19 arrived, and I angrily told them all, at how disappointed I was in them and that they were all worthless as human beings. 19 arrived, all of us got on-minus the jerk and the lady. Before we took off, I told that driver what happened and he really didnt want to do anything either till I said ill be in touch with Jerry, one of the "big boys" in charge at the bus company. He called in to dispatch who said they will contact the police and as we drove away, that sorry puke punched the lady on her right side.

Last edited by the ringo kid; 12-20-2013 at 08:14 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: