View Single Post

Old 12-20-2013, 06:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 31 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I got two of the NDZ Performance End Caps (Slide Plates). They arrived today and I have to say, I'm pleasantly impressed. These are high quality, fit perfectly and I like them much better than the stock part.

If you look closely at the stock end cap, you'll see a small piece of metal embedded in the plastic. Apparently, S&W didn't think the plastic was strong enough to hold by itself:

So, I believe the NDZ Performance cap to be superior in that they are all metal.

Here are a couple of pics of mine:

I promised I would give my honest opinion of these. I can honestly say that I see no down side. These will see a lot of use and I will report back on how they hold up.

One recommendation to anyone ordering these, think twice about small details. While these look great, the writing you see around the POW/MIA symbol is really tiny. It's almost impossible to see without magnification. It's there, and legible, just not easy to see in person. So, pick artwork that isn't dependent on small details.

I was going to make an installation video. NDZ beat me to it and theirs is better than what I had. Also, it turns out that I'm much better at still photography. So, here is a little pic to help with the install:

It is really easy as you can see in the video they made. It took me less than 2 minutes to replace both my end caps. Two comments on the installation:
1. Whenever you take the slide off, take out the recoil spring. It's unlikely that it will come out on its own, but if it does it will be with force. Taking it off costs nothing and may save an injury.
2. Nothing will come flying out of the slide once the end cap is removed. The Striker Block holds the rest of the striker components in place. So, as long as you don't depress the striker block, everything will stay put.

Great product NDZ Performance! I think I'll order that ambi charging handle from you.
What body do you use? I'm a canon shooter myself