View Single Post

Old 12-21-2013, 05:31 PM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin990 View Post
Never anything on the great sleeper....the 915. Mine is a tack shooter , feeds every round , is compact , has good sights and with the flat backed factory grips feels perfect......by far my favorite 9mm.....and you can get em for less money then all the rest...... My 4003 might be better finished but is not a better gun in any way
I've posted on the Model 915 several times over the past couple of years. It was one of the first of the economy 3rd Gens, later tagged the Value Line. I ran across mine about five years ago. It was price nicely, came with one magazine and no box.

What I like about the 915 over the 910 is that the 915 has no plastic parts. At the time it was introduced, it was very, very close to a standard 3rd Gen. With regard to the 910, when I bought my 915 the gunshop/pistol range owner who sold it to me allowed me to field strip the 915 as well as a 910 he also had for sale. So, I was able to examine them side by side. IMHO there's really no comparison. There were far more machining shortcuts taken with the 910, not to mention all the plastic parts used in its production. Bottom line, the 910 and 915 are excellent 9mm pistols, but the 915 stands right up there along side the 5900 series pistols as a true 3rd Gen. It shoots good, too.