View Single Post

Old 12-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Liked 251 Times in 108 Posts
Default The overlooked 357sig...my new best friend!

I stopped in at lgs this weekend for a little window browsing and sitting in the bottom row of the gun case behind the other guns was a used but unfired glock 31c. I have had this itch to try out the 357sig and hadn't been able to find one to even hold. After a little play time, negotiating the price, using a 20.00 off coupon and the points built up on my card I brought it home for 400.00. Took it out to the range yesterday and even though I swore I would never own a glock I still can't stop grinning over this round. There is no way to describe it really. It truly is a tack driver and I can't wait to get some of my better shooting friends hands on this thing! It has the recoil of my 9mm but the boom of my model 66. You can literally feel the concussion standing behind the shooter. There is really very little muzzle flip. It is more of a push back like the 45. The round is capable of more than I can deliver at this point but I am going to have a lot of fun getting there! As far as the cost of the ammo that I was warned about I have found on line that you can order 1000 rounds in ammo cans for 320.00 which is right in line with what I am paying for 9 and 40 so I see that as a non issue for me. I don't see many threads discussing this caliber and I would like to hear from those who own or have shot the 357 sig. As I said earlier, this may be the new favorite caliber in our home!
The Following 10 Users Like Post: