View Single Post

Old 12-23-2013, 10:57 PM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I dont think the Galloway trigger bar is painted, looks more like blueing to me, but I also polished it very well along with the housing that it slides against.
I bought the FP but two of us on here have problems with the fitment. The taper seems to be a tad too large and it gets stuck in the FP channel. So I re-installed the OEM FP but I did use the Galloway spring to try and improve misfires.
The gunsmith at the range couldnt budge the site on my slide so I came home, wrapped the slide with some cardboard, and mounted it gently in a large vise. I used a piece of aluminum flatstock, 1/4x1x6", that was laying around, and a heavy hammer and I was able to knock the site loose very easily without scarring up the slide. The alum is soft enough that it did not leave any marks on the slide.
I had to remove the site twice after finding out that the aftermarket FP did not function correctly. If you buy the FP be sure to check to see if if moves smoothly and completely through the channel in the slide before re-mounting site completely.