View Single Post

Old 12-24-2013, 10:53 AM

Liked 4,301 Times in 2,112 Posts

I've always found the claims for the 357 Sig rather interesting. "Same recoil as a 9mm and no muzzle flip"? Folks, I'm a classically trained Mechanical Engineer and the only way that particular statement would be true is if the particular ammunition being used was loaded to the same energy level as a standard 9mm. The only way to get to the weirdness seen in some areas of Quantum Physics is by getting down to the Quantum Level and ammunitions operate at velocities and masses well outside the Quantum Level.

The real truth is that the 357 Sig loaded to full power levels is a rather snappy beast to shoot and quite loud. I also find it distinctly limited when compared to a 357 Magnum. On the plus side those bottleneck cases do tend to produce a near zero rate of mis-feeds in a properly maintained handgun and at full power carries as much Sectional Energy Density as a full house 357 Magnum using a 125 grain bullet. So, it's a great penetrator and a good man stopper for a handgun caliber. Just don't try and tell me it has the recoil of a 9mm with no muzzle flip, because I'm just not buying that particular line. BTW, I have shot one, using Speer Gold Dot ammo out of an LE marked box and that ammo had a real "bark" to it.
The Following User Likes This Post: