View Single Post

Old 12-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Liked 6,424 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W357 View Post
Subject: New 9 mm Revolver
Dear Customer,
No, I just saw the video now that you told me about it. I had never heard of it either, and also cannot find it on our website. I have no information on the gun other than what you've told me, and what I just saw in the video.
It is brand spanking new, so the release is pending, although the video we released doesn't communicate that.
If further assistance is required please reply accordingly.
Sincerely,
Dere
I give this person, Dere, credit for being honest and admitting what he doesn't know.

But I have to wonder what further assistance he could give you given he had never even heard of the 929.

I'm looking forward to ordering one. I'll wait until it's announced formally so my LGS can find the right SKU to order.

Also given I live in California, it will take S&W a while to get it onto the approved handguns list. Shouldn't be a problem, it will just take time and California has to extract some money from the manufacturer to test it.

I have to think a lot of these restrictive laws here in CA are really just excuses to tax someone. For example, you have to pass a handgun safety test to buy a handgun. And pay a fee of $25. But the test is so easy that anyone who has ever seen a gun can pass without studying. And if you do fail, the LGS can give you a brochure to read that takes 10 minutes -- and then give you the test again.

Dave

Last edited by Cal44; 12-27-2013 at 11:02 AM.