View Single Post

Old 12-31-2013, 02:34 PM

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnM&P View Post
I have a friend who's dept issues Winchester ranger 127 +p+ in their m&p 9mm's he has a Shield for backup and says it handles the +p+ fine dispute S&W saying no to +p+. NATO rounds should be fine.
When your friend says no problem with +P+ loads, it's anecdotal. Without scientific evidence to support his findings, he has no way of measuring the stress results from using +P+ ammo in a gun not designed for it's use. Sure, you might get away with pumping up the chamber pressure for a while...but sooner or later...if your gun isn't designed for it, you will find that you have damaged your weapon. If Smith and Wesson says don't use it, then don't.

I'd rather defend myself with a .22 and put ten rounds on target than spray big bangers all over. Most bad guys aren't going to stand around and trade rounds if they are taking hits. As we all know, every round is potentially lethal...one shot one kill.

Two hits with standard JHP's is better than one hit with +P+. Sure you can put ten on target at the range, but how about during a gun fight?

So, if you're carrying a compact or less CCH, I don't recommend +P+ loads, even if you don't see any apparent immediate damage at the range.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Ed911; 01-01-2014 at 11:05 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: