View Single Post

Old 01-01-2014, 11:03 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,813 Times in 476 Posts

The rifle has been holding up well, I put about 50 rounds a month through it, cast lead handloads that are accurate in the rifle and fun to shoot through my Model 29 as well.

In the canoe it rides in a Voodoo Tactical shotgun scabbard, which you see advertised all over the place, Midway, Sportsman Guide, etc. for $25 or so.

With the Model 29 riding on my belt and the rifle tucked away in the scabbard, I feel I'm prepared for anything within 100 yards...

I'd recommend a Rossi carbine to anyone, I have another 20" blued Rossi M92 in .357 caliber that has proven reliable and accurate. My 15 year old nephew enjoys shooting it, no recoil to speak of, and fun shooting.

Now that he's old enough to start handloading (under my supervision), I have him reload any ammo he shoots up while visiting me. He enjoys that, too....

Now, in my original post, posted in July 2012, I promised to forgo all gun shows, having a rifle and handgun for any conceivable purpose, spending my money only on primers, powder and projectiles. That hasn't worked out so well.....

Last edited by canoeguy; 01-01-2014 at 11:08 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: