View Single Post

Old 01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 990 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
It is, unfortunately, not a "dupe." Not one of these revolvers has anything to do with my interests in shooting. I suppose there will be a large number who will want to disagree, but I imagine a lesser number will actually lay down the bills for these competition oriented guns.

While I have no problem with all sorts of angles on the sport of shooting, my preference is for the bread and butter products related to self-defense, especially when the demand is so high and S&W cannot apparently meet demands for those products. J frames, K frames and other popular models have simply been unavailable all during 2013, and it is looking like that will be the case again in 2014.
I can understand where you're coming from, but these all look like Performance Center guns, so I don't think they are directed towards the same market or coming from the same assembly line. The 686 interests me... too bad it is a 2 1/2" instead of a 3" barrel.

What I would love to see the the PC start making semi-custom guns like they did in the 30s with the Registered Magnums. You could select the options you want and have the PC build it for you. Select barrel length, sights, stocks, moon clips, trigger type, etc... They wouldn't be RMs, and it would be a mistake to call them that. There is no way they could recreate the fit and finish of the old time craftsmen, and purists would be annoyed at trying reissue RMs.