Thread: 41mag vs 44mag
View Single Post

Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Liked 6,562 Times in 2,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless44 View Post
All this talk makes me want to go shooting. I've got a few hundred 44 and 41's loaded up and I'm going to the farm tomorrow for some fishing and coyote hunting...I think plinking just made the schedule too.
I was on my farm yesterday doe hunting. None came by before legal quitting time but 2 coyotes did. I am using a WBY MKV in 300 WBY mag. I've loaded up some 150 grain Herter's Supersonic Wasp waist bullets I had for years, my Dad bought a bunch of stuff at a yard sale and gave me the plunder. They must be fast I can't see them scooting down range.

The coyotes were acting the fool playing around, perhaps one was in heat. I kept waiting for the little Quail eaters to line up side by side so I could get 2 with one shot. I had to settle for one.

And for the naysayers, the Kansas grain fed Does are large and mean. A 300 WBY Mag is the least you should take afield.

Nah, but it sounded good. My wife bought me the Mark V for Fathers days and I am putting it to work with light loads. The other Mark V is zeroed in for 180 grain elk loads.

I've already bagged 3 Does with my old Pre 64 Win in 270. I have 2 tags left to fill.