View Single Post

Old 01-09-2014, 09:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts
Default Finally, Let's Talk and Look at the Mid Size Service Pistols (Need Some Help Here)

We've looked at the Big Boys and the Compacts, now it's time for the mid size service pistols. I'll need a little help here. I have only three middies. So, I need some of you to post photos of a few more to expand this thread. Personally, I'd love to see a really nice 3906. Here we go:

The only 3rd Gen with rubber grips I own, and a pretty good shooter, too. The Model 4006 (1995):

Along with an after-action report:

Here is a 3rd Gen that was filthy when I located it on consignment at a small gun shop. After examining it, I could see it had been shot
very, very little, just never cleaned. After complete disassembly and a through cleaning, here is the Model 5903 with after-action report"

Last, but by no means least, was one of the first 3rd Gen economy versions, a forerunner of the Value Line Series.
Unlike later Value Line pistols, there are no plastic parts on or in this baby. Presenting, from 1994, the Model 915 with after-action report:

Last edited by Denver Dick; 01-10-2014 at 03:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: