Thread: Diabetes-- Help
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 AM

Liked 1,042 Times in 304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W357 View Post
When i took my sugar after the gym is was high 180. I had dinner and took it 2 hours after. 107 -took it again 105. It's been like that. if i don't eat something---numbers go up fast. but when i eat -numbers go down. Lots i have to learn yet.. It seems that protein -lowers my sugar
I am no expert in this but what you eat is critical - if you are having refined carbs of any kind (bread, starches, sugar - anything with a label of ingredients like corn flakes) it is a tough battle.

Pigs & cattle are fed grains (corn etc) to fatten them up - it will do the same to us.

Two slices of "healthy whole grain wheat bread" will spike your blood sugar more than a Snickers bar or 2 tsp of white table sugar.

The gov't still recommends "healthy whole grains" at the bottom of the pyramid but the diabetes and obesity rates are crazy - more "low fat" food is sold today than ever, but more people are obese and diabetic - crazy.

A low fat "diet" is a lie - it can never work unless you want to feel deprived and hungry.