Thread: Diabetes-- Help
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 AM

Liked 491 Times in 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loutent View Post
I am no expert in this but what you eat is critical - if you are having refined carbs of any kind (bread, starches, sugar - anything with a label of ingredients like corn flakes) it is a tough battle.

Pigs & cattle are fed grains (corn etc) to fatten them up - it will do the same to us.

Two slices of "healthy whole grain wheat bread" will spike your blood sugar more than a Snickers bar or 2 tsp of white table sugar.

The gov't still recommends "healthy whole grains" at the bottom of the pyramid but the diabetes and obesity rates are crazy - more "low fat" food is sold today than ever, but more people are obese and diabetic - crazy.

A low fat "diet" is a lie - it can never work unless you want to feel deprived and hungry.
In am -2 eggs with bacon-lunch -chicken and cheese -dinner lots of greens with a steak [cut the fat out]- Snacks- i have these peanuts butter n choc. protein bars. All less then 60 carbs a meal. Lots n Lots of water. I'm drinking 8 glasses a day. If i get hungry -i will steam up some broccoli with garlic. You can eat all the broccoli you want. I was big on fruit but not now. Even tho i can have 2 slices of bread 15 carbs each. Thats 30 carbs. That's 4 peanut butter n choc. bars. I was a big milk drinker. No more milk. Look at me -5 days ago i didn't know any of this.
I read two books .I can see how this is going to be a fight to the end. It can be done but for the rest of my life ? I'm buying a smoker. Start smoking fish.....