View Single Post

Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 PM

Liked 491 Times in 210 Posts

First--Do you have to work ? Go back to work ?
Lay on the bed with feet up 30 degrees up. Take only over the counter meds. Please don't take pain pills- you will not get off them -I'm not going to go there. Heat pad for 20 min. wait 20 min. then ice 20 min and keep doing that - Remember-ever time you get up -you are going to make it worse. If the wife is around-have her get the ice. Only get up to go to the bathroom. HOT hot tub will make you feel better.but not yet. I don't want you to get hurt-getting in and out. Your back has 300 muscles and right now they are all inflamed. It take days to calm them down - If you get 100 muscles to not flare up and then you get up and walk around-you will flare them up again.
I had back surg. and need surg again. This time they want to put bars in. I'm not doing it -- to many things can go wrong. Going to a Back Dr. that does only back surg. is better then a neurosurgeon. I had mine done in NYC by Dr Oleary-he did Elisabeth Taylor. I think he is the best. He is still around. Go to 3 or 4 Drs. and get all the input you can. Right now--rest
Try to remember this -ONLY have Surg. if you can't sleep from the pain.
Do not have a neurosurgeon do the surg. !!!!!!!!!! A back Dr. ----orthopedist--- that does only back surg. You can ask any of the Dr. -how many back surg. have you done or do a week. they will say one or two. Ask a Back Dr.orthopedist- he will tell you 10 to 20 a week.

Last edited by S&W357; 01-16-2014 at 10:20 PM.