View Single Post

Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 PM

Liked 4,820 Times in 1,611 Posts

Well, Not too much I can chime in about back pain...I've got more than one T shirt.... Actually a drawer full..

I'm pretty much wired together back there now. On an X-ray is looks like a coat hanger is holding me together....BUT....I can walk without pain down my legs. And that's not counting the surgery in my neck, it's fused now too. (That's why I took an I.O.D from the PD, and receive some of my rocking chair money from the city each month) (That's nice because a I.O.D money is tax free..)

So anyway..What the medical people can do now a days is magic. Even the Mylograms are tolerable now....Neurosurgeon...YES,, when they get in there to do their work, you want a Neurosurgeon, to keep all the nerves in the right place..There will be scar tissue forming afterwards, and you don't want the scar tissue to "Grasp" around those nerves...Orthopedic surgeon..YES...that's the bone Dr. That's the one that will being most of the repair work on the back bones and discs...You want him there too WITH the Neurosurgeon when it comes time to work on you.

A good place to check out surgeons is with the University athletic department.....They work on the foot ball players to keep them going....

I'm not King Kong any more, and neither are the others here that have their back worked on. No,I can't lift a refrigerator by myself any more, that's why there are young kids to do the heavy lifting now.... I don't even try now.

I cannot emphasize enough what S & W 357 mentioned about staying off the pain pills...They might be good for the first 5 hours after having a root canal, but other than that...Please don't rely on them.

Now, one thing that wasn't mentioned, besides take 4 oz of good whiskey 1/2 before bed time...

GET A GOOD MATRESS...Be Goldilocks, try them until you get the one that's not too hard, nor too soft. More than likely, you're a side sleeper....So find a place that you can buy a mattress, try it out for 60 or 90 days, or even longer...If it don't work out, then you can exchange it...Some stores allow that..... (I did. I was allowed up to a year to try it out, if I didn't like it I could exchange it...PROVIDING I DIDN'T WET THE BED AND SOIL THE MATTRESS

No more sitting in sofa chairs...They're out...You slouch in them. Straight chairs with a pad are nice.....I like my glide rocker!!!!

I could go on and on, but others above have said much of what I would have too, so...

Good luck, and Best Wishes,

WuzzFuzz

Last edited by WuzzFuzz; 01-17-2014 at 05:06 PM.