View Single Post

Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
I'm just wondering why anyone would bring back a 5 year old thread not of their making instead of composing a new thread?
I dunno. I've been called lazy before. Could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOT37 View Post
Maximumbob; I finally bought a lb. a while ago & with my limited usage it does seem like this powder needs to be used in it's upper load range. I tried similar loads in my 4006 with Zero 165gr JHP & 170gr cast SWC, as well as some 45ACP with 185gr JHP & 200gr cast SWC in my 4516. The jacketed loads seemed snappier & probably less residue, though I don't have a problem with "a little left-overs" behind. Slow powders in autos just feel a little different to me.

I also worked up a load for my 44 Spcl. using 180gr JHPs that I was very happy with but haven't tried any cast bullets with Longshot yet for a comparison. I plan on trying it in other cartridges later.
Again, the data I followed was for a plated bullet. That would already make it a reduced load compared to jacketed. That alone might be my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwslate View Post
Maximumbob; I like Longshot in the 357 magnum and like Hodgdon I
use magnum primers with it. Brief comparison testing on my part
convinced me to stick to the hotter primers with Longshot. Magnum
primers could be the answer to your dirty burn problems.
Magnum primers in a .40SW kind of makes me cringe a little since I have no idea the pressures I'm actually working with. But it is a thought.