Thread: Interarms PPK
View Single Post

Old 01-26-2014, 12:54 PM

Liked 1,473 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
Jframe:

Is it a PPK, or a PPK-S you are looking at? There is a difference, mainly that a PPK is a pocket-sized pistol, whereas a PPK-S, not so much. The PPK-S was made to satisfy the 1968 GCA requirements. I owned an Interarms .380ACP PPK-S in stainless steel for a while. Neither my wife or I have large hands, but that sucker would definitely bite your hand (the slide). It's pretty heavy for a small gun, in my opinion, and being a blowback design, the recoil is pretty stout. Mine went full-auto on me at the range - that was exciting, but thankfully brief (3-4 rounds). The factory fixed it for free, but wouldn't tell me what was wrong with it, nor what they repaired or replaced. I traded it off for a H&K PSP, which had been on my grail gun list for a long time.

Best of luck,

Dave
I have a Blue steel PPK-S from S&W Walther...strong dbl. action first shot but excellernt single action trigger firing 380 round nose ammo..I have heard from some supposadly good sources that the hard ball in 380 actually is a better penetrating round in 380...(gun tests magizine) At least that is their opinion...All they do is test and report, no advertisement..I always wanted one but when working the job they were not authorized as off-duty weapon...Surprised. me that it is right on the sights at 15 yards.

Last edited by george minze; 01-26-2014 at 01:01 PM.