Thread: New Smith ware
View Single Post

Old 02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 23,766 Times in 6,185 Posts

Very cool shirt but I don't think it'd be a good idea to wear that out in public lest you attract the wrong kind of attention. I have even pretty much stopped wearing my NRA ball cap because I wore it on our Hawaiian cruise and a lady started really giving me a hard time. Kept calling me a gunslinger and a punk.

Her husband just stood back a smiled at me. He was a big ol' boy and I was reluctant to sass her back but I finally returned his gaze with a look that said: "if you don't shut her up I will." I finally got the impression that he WANTED me to say something back.

On the third day of her harassment I wasn't even wearing it any more and she started on me again. I finally turned on her and asked her what her problem was. She told me in no uncertain terms. I lost it. I told her that if she would do something about her hair, go see a good dentist and lose 75 pounds she would not have time to be pestering patriotic Americans in pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

After 3 days of her on my case and me not saying anything back she was not prepared and I thought she was going to swallow her tongue. Her husband (to my surprise and delight) had to turn around to keep her from seeing him laugh. I figured that they had been married about 15 or 20 years and he'd had a steady dose of her mouth. Probably never said anything back to her or heard anyone else say anything back to her.

A couple of days later we were off the ship on an excursion tour and we ran into them again. She apologized to me and asked if we could start over. We introduced ourselves and I even got a pic of her wearing my NRA hat. I don't think I should post it here for obvious reasons.

So I turned a hater into a friend. I doubt she ran out and bought a gun when she got home but as least she was smiling at me now instead of chewin' me out and callin' me names.