View Single Post

Old 02-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Liked 32 Times in 20 Posts
Default Alternative to Sticky Grips for Shield

I've looked at all types of grip for Shield from “rubber-band” type where you slide it over the gun's grip to sticky sheet such as Talon, tractionsgrips, sandpaperpistolgrips. I ran into these as I was at Home Depot the other day and found it on Amazon.

They are called - Seal Krete 40202 Clear Grip Non-Skid Grip Additive for Sealers, Paints & Epoxies (Amazon.com: Seal Krete 40202 Clear Grip Non-Skid Grip Additive for Sealers, Paints & Epoxies: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41oVV6%2B3dKL.@@AMEPARAM@@41oVV6%2B3dKL)

I remember reading it somewhere that the sticky type grip added .041” of thickness, I’m not sure how it feels and would it still allow fit Crimson Trace LG-489 mounted?

So mine thought is that mixing a clear-coat paint with the Non-Skid Grip Additive, then paint the Shield (wherever traction is needed).

My concern here is will the mixed solution will Bond to the gun’s polymer? And/or will it end up Damage the gun more?
Please let me know if this is bad idea and I should step away from it. Your comments is appreciated.