View Single Post

Old 02-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

To me just when jackets, pants and shoes/boots feel comfortable there worn out. I'm surprised the phrase hasn't been coined yet is "pre broken in". Meaning they been worn already and someone else went tv right the pain.

I just purchased two new carhartt jackets stiff as he'll. My new harley boots tight as he'll. The boots I'll mink oil in the tight spots. I wonder if applying a silicone sealer to the jacket will soften it.

By the time I broke in my new leather motorcycle jacket which I applied the water sealer to it. I crashed my quad wearing it. The jacket was ripped to shreds but my skin was never touched. I crashed on the frozen ice when the front wheel his a hole in the ice. Never fly through the woods without checking the trails first. Yup broke the ribs the first time on this one. Never think thunk the quad could throw my 300# butt over the bars. Now like the song I believe I can fly. But the sudden stop was the bummer. I had to pick up my left arm with my right hand to put it on my handle bars of my dualsport bike to ride it for quite some time after that crash
My new Polaris '94 quad had aluminum tie rod ends. The replacement was steel tie rod ends. The crash split the aluminum tie rod end. Stupid engineers heck the first engineers were train drivers it makes me wonder.

Going right from the crashed quad to the dualsport bike was good therapy the misses thought I was nuts. After the first dualsport ride I got some movement back in my left hand pulling the clutch lever on the bike.

Quad score quad 1 human 0 first crash hurt left shoulder rotator, left arm, broke ribs left side. I was miles in the woods when I crashed. I tied a tree limb under the quad to hold the broken tie rod front wheel straight. Broken ribs & hurt arm it took me 3 hours to get it out. Me and my son laughed but then laughing the broken ribs hurt more. Taking short breaths helped.

Last edited by BigBill; 02-08-2014 at 01:32 PM.