View Single Post

Old 02-09-2014, 05:29 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,562 Times in 5,845 Posts

I guess I am a big kid at heart, I love lasers.

I have quite a few high power lasers (up to class IV) just for the fun of it. I have Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and IR. The kind of lasers that will light Cigars, pop balloons and cut electrical tape.

So CT and LaserMax both get in depth visits from me at the SHOT show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
I don't see the advantage of green laser with tradeoff of less battery life and more expensive to gain daylight advantage.
This is not a traditional green laser where the laser diode is actually a high power IR (100+Mw) and then converted to green <5Mw output. This is why batteries get chewed up so fast.

This new CT line of products use a new Direct Green Diode and therefore has similar battery life to the Direct Red diode lasers that we have become used to over the years.

Also this brings pricing into line with the more common red laser grips. Just like the first "cheap" red laser pointers were hundreds of dollars and now sell for $9 at the checkout lines, the Green diode will rapidly drop in price.

The delays are availability of the new Direct Green diodes, not a production issue at CT.

As stated Glock and 1911 are being released first. M&Ps are next followed by SIGs.